My last two posts were on forgiveness and love. For this one, I decided I’d veer off into someone else’s thoughts. I collect quotes. I have them on sticky notes (what a genius invention those were!!) and on index cards and in notebooks and on scraps of paper and on my defunct iPad and in published books of quotations on my shelves and I use them all. Ages past, I would create personalized books from empty journals for friends. It would take a while for me to get the plan organized and then compile the quotes and thoughts and stickers and what not to fill the pages with. I’d write as much of it as possible by hand. It was a work of love. I recently found these following quotes and thought I’d share them with you. In my ‘online journal’, also a work of love and frustration!
I’ll start off with recreation.
“Good sex is like good bridge-if you don’t have a good partner, you better have a good hand.” Mae West
‘Flirting is a woman’s trade, one must keep in practice.” Charlotte Bronte
Politics is a great place to find sex.
“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks his car or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.” Barbara Bush
This next gem always cracks me up. The US so idolizes the forefathers of the country, they forget the men were once human. It is pretty long, so I hope I can get it to format without taking up a ton of room. I did send it to a few people.
“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:
1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.
2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.
3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.
4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.
5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.
6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.
7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.
8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!” Ben Franklin
I’ll close with two more:
“If a man is highly sexed, he’s virile. If a woman is, she’s a nymphomaniac. With them, its power, but with us, a disease! Even the act of sex is called penetration. Why don’t they call it enclosure?” Gemma Hatchback.
“Make love when you can, it’s good for you.” Kurt Vonnegut