Tired of those surveys made by high school kids? Here are 24 questions for Grown Ups. (I found this on Facebook. I thought it would be a fun post while I was north. Enjoy! Oddly, the last question formatted in a different way!)
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Electricity in Alaska.
2. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner? Maybe early months of 2017. Not sure what would count as romantic. How about a completely enjoyable meal with one other person. October or November of 2018.
3. What do you really want to be? I’m not really very ambitious. Although, becoming a citizen of Alaska again would be stellar!
4. How many colleges did you attend? One. For 5 years. Graduated with one of those useless degrees.
5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now? I wanted a shirt with orange and I fell in love with it at a thrift store.
6. Thoughts on gas prices right now? Not liking those summer prices in Alaska.
7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning? “Already?”
8. Last thought you have before you go to bed? “Why didn’t I go to the bathroom before getting under the covers?”🤔🙄🙄🤔
9. Do you miss being a kid? Some parts of it.
10. What errand/chore do you despise? Picking up dirty dishes and napkins..Because I’m not getting paid!
11. Up early or sleep late? sleep late
12. Found love yet? I love Alaska. 💜
13. Favorite lunch meat? Roast beef.
14. What do you get every time you go to Walmart? Usually test strips and glucose tablets. I don’t get them every time, but it’s often enough!
15. Beach or Lake? Ocean waves are a favorite, but any sort of water is needed.
16. Is Marriage overrated? Not sure yet.
17. Ever crashed a vehicle? Unfortunately, yes. Hydroplaned at a stoplight. Still annoys me. My little car ended up under the truck back bumper and I was yelled at cuz their small child fell onto the floor off the back seat. My small one was in a car seat and his older brother buckled in back.
18. Strangest place you’ve brushed your teeth? Public bathroom. 😳
19. Name a place you’ve never been but want to go? East coast, most of Alaska, Canada, and definitely Europe. But, those aren’t exactly reachable! So, I’ll say the Woodburn, Oregon Tulip Festival. Ok, that’s probably not reachable either. The Walla Walla balloon Stampede in October during deer season. If I’m in Oregon, I could go by myself!
20. Do you have a go to person? No, I blog.
21. Are you where you want to be in life right now? No. I need to accept all of myself, not worry about what others think, and stop pushing her away. On the other hand, I am in Alaska, so there is that! 😍😍
22. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons? In books, Tin-Tin and Garfield. On tv, Jonny Quest and Schoolhouse Rock.
23. What do you think has changed about you since you are older? A lot has changed in shape and health. With the rest , I am a stronger person than I was a few years ago, but I think much of me is fundamentally the same. I have grown more open in my thinking, I don’t react as much as I used to, I am more comfortable with being invisible, and have learned to let things be, rather than fret til they tie me in knots. Or I write about it!
- What would you tell your younger self? Kris, after your graduation from high school, you will be given the uncertain gift of Diabetes. It’s awful, you can manage it, and over the years, it changes every part of your body. Take care of it. Oh, and that birthday cake your senior year? Don’t give it all away, save a piece for yourself. It’s going to be the last guilt free birthday cake you’ll ever get.