1. Do you have something that goes in your stocking every year? My stocking is pretty sparse anymore. For the others, I try to make sure there is an orange. Lately, it a chocolate one instead of fruit!
2. Do you wake up early to open gifts or just not care and sleep in? In our family, the stocking is the first thing anyone can open, whether or not anyone else is up. I used to allow Santa presents to be opened, too. Those, however, stopped being purchased when I went to Alaska. Little and fun presents help keep people occupied while breakfast is cooking, which will wake sleeping sorts!
3. Of you don’t have kids or family near you, do you still decorate and celebrate by yourself? I think I’d decorate anyway. I didn’t at mom’s, there was too much stuff to get around! And to get to her Christmas decorations more stuff would need moved….daunting. I love decorating for everything!
4. Does it snow for Christmas where you are? It does, usually, in Alaska. Here in Oregon, it snows sometimes. I miss snow.
5. What’s your all time favorite present to give? Books. This year the only ones are audiobooks and none are for me. I admit, I tend to buy 95% of my own gifts and I try to get myself at least one book. This year I got me shoes that barely hurt my feet..I’m already wearing them! I also got hair clips for my stocking because I left most of mine in Alaska.
6. Do you do Friendsmas? If so, how? I’m pretty sure I’ve not heard of this before. So, nope.
7. If you have one, do you think your pet knows or cares about Christmas? Of course they care! They know when things are discombobulated and can’t wait for it to get back to normal. Often presents for the pets or birds outside are a part of the people gifts. Moses does like paper and boxes.
8. Is there something special you eat just for Christmas? No. If I enjoy it, why keep it to one day? I do make a certain cookie only in cooler months. But, that’s cuz they have melted chocolate mints on them and take forever to set up. Mum liked eggnog. 🤢
9. Are you traveling this year? Tell details! Another no. Unless you count across the state line to the nearest movie theatre on Christmas Eve afternoon! I think the last time I left the house was last Tuesday when I mailed the box to Strider. I don’t get out much.
Julie asked on her blog for anyone to answer these questions. I’m also supposed to ask my own and have others answer. I’m not good at passing, so I’ll just add a few more Christmas things and call it Merry!
I was never around a person who liked putting up outside Christmas lights. The Craftsman does! The house and grounds are very festive this year. It actually is more than the inside of the house! I’m not quite up to speed on Christmas cards yet. However, I was smart and got season’s greetings cards with snowmen and snowman ⛄️ paper for letters. Not as cute as kittens, but more practical. I’m glad I got presents purchased, I found out on Sunday that The Craftsman didn’t purchase gifts yet. (Just lights.) I told him not to spend anything more, except for candy, I had it covered. I’m baking a few more cookies, I need more of the chocolate sort. Soft molasses crinkles are good to mail, but not a favorite overall. (Little Bear did say they were good in milk!) So, spice spritz cookies and more of a chocolate chip variety. I think that’s all for Christmas. Another odd thing, I like Christmas music, but often don’t listen to anything! Crazy, but true. Right now, I’m listening to Little Bear on the computer, the cat’s meowing, and raindrops on the window. It appears we are going to have a wet Christmas! (I did have things highlighted and italicized, but the iPad to WordPress looks odd!)
Blessings to you all this season as you celebrate whatever and however! May your stockings bulge with good things and not scary looking legs, your plates be filled and your scale broken, and your hearts overflowing with beautiful thoughts and love…and may you give and get kisses, because kisses are wonderful to share. Chocolate or not!